Are you struggling with the layout of your small bathroom? Whether you can’t find enough storage space or the room is just too cramped, there are several ways to make it look bigger. Check out these bathroom design tips for making your small bathroom look its best!
6 Ideas to look small bathroom bigger
Making a small bathroom look bigger is possible, but it takes some creativity and planning. Here are a few tips to get you started:
Use corner and wall spaces wisely
By wisely using corner space and wall space, you can make any small bathroom look bigger. For example, consider installing a pedestal sink to free up countertop space or hanging cabinet shelves to create extra storage.
If you can, try to install a storage closet in one tiny corner of the otherwise fully used wall, with space to place your shower and beauty supplies and cupboards for the bath linen. This will help free up some much-needed space.
Swap angles for curves
Next step in bathroom design improvement is swapping straight lines for curves can help create the visual illusion of more space. So, consider using round sinks, toilet bowls and other bathroom fixtures instead of the traditional square or rectangular ones.
Choose light colors
Light colors reflect light and make a small room appear brighter and more prominent. So, try to avoid using dark colors in your small bathroom. If you want to make your bathroom look more extensive, you should consider using light colors. Dark colors can make a room feel smaller, so light shades instead. This will help to brighten up the space and make it look larger.
Use a Glass Panel
One way to make a small bathroom look bigger is to use a glass panel. This will give the illusion of more space. You can install a glass panel on the shower door or even on the wall to create a partition.
Install a Mirror
Another bathroom design that make a small bathroom look bigger is installing a mirror. Mirrors reflect light and create the illusion of more space. Place a large mirror on one of the walls in your bathroom to make it look larger.
Use Furniture Strategically
When decorating a small bathroom, it’s important to use furniture strategically. Choose pieces that don’t take up too much space and can be tucked away when not in use. This will help to open up the room and make it feel bigger.
With a little bit of creativity, you can make your small bathroom look bigger and more spacious. Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to a bathroom that you love!
Tips to make your bathroom bigger
Making a small bathroom look bigger can be a challenge, but there are some easy ways to do it. By using light colors, strategically placing mirrors, and adding storage, you can give the illusion of more space. Please keep reading for our top tips on how to make any small bathroom look bigger.
- Paint the walls and ceiling in a light color. This will make the room feel larger.
- Use light colors for the floors and fixtures as well.
- Install a mirror on one of the walls. This will reflect more light and create the illusion of a larger space.
- Use vertical stripes on the walls or opt for wallpaper with a vertical design pattern. This will also help to make the room feel taller and more significant.
- Opt for furniture that has legs instead of bulky bases. This will give the illusion of more space beneath them.
- Stick to minimalistic furnishings and accessories whenever possible. This will keep the visual focus on the size of the room and not on the decor.
- Use transparent or translucent materials wherever possible. This will also help to make the room feel larger.
- Install a skylight if possible. Natural light will brighten up the space and make it feel larger.
- Use light in color flooring and has a low profile. This will minimize the appearance of any cramped feeling in the room.
- Place large furniture pieces at one end of the room and smaller ones towards the other. This will create an optical illusion of depth and make the room appear bigger overall.
- Install shelves on one or more walls and use them to store your belongings instead of cluttering up the countertops.
- If possible, use a pedestal sink instead of a vanity sink. This will free up some additional space.
- Use recessed lighting instead of table or floor lamps. This will create an illusion of more space.
- Hang curtains high on the walls to avoid visual clutter and make the room feel bigger.
- Install a window seat or storage bench in one corner of the room to provide extra seating and storage space.
- Use a glass shower door instead of a shower curtain. This will give the illusion of more space in the bathroom.
- Place a large rug in front of the toilet or tub to help define the spaces and minimize the appearance of any cramped feeling.
- Use a light-colored toilet and pedestal sink to help brighten up the space.
- Install a frosted or etched glass shower door instead of a clear one. This will obscure the view of the shower area and make the room feel larger.
- Finally, remember that even the tiniest of bathrooms can be made to look bigger with a bit of creativity and thought!
Although it is impossible to make a small bathroom look like a large one, there are ways to make your bathroom design appear more spacious. By using light colors and reflective surfaces, adding vertical elements, and using open storage solutions, you can create the illusion of space in even the smallest bathroom. Have you tried any of these tips? What worked best for you?
READ NEXT: Check out these Amazing Beach & Nautical Bathroom Themes!
RELATED TOPICS: Bath Room Design ideas